Friday, June 28, 2013

                                    

                        MAKE-DO

I have to admit, I hold back on sharing stories of things my pets do.  Let's be honest, nobody really finds it cute or amusing the way I do and I totally get that.  However, the other day, one of my adorable doggies did something that was just too cute not to share.  (Even if I'm the only one who appreciates it, I'm glad I'll have it in writing somewhere!)  

My German Pointer, like many dogs, is obsessed with carrying around a ball.  When I get home to let my two dogs out, one dog runs out immediately but Jagger, the German Pointer, frantically searches for his ball before heading out.  

The other night I came home late and it was already dark out.  The neighbors were in our shared yard with their two dogs and it was driving Jagger crazy that he wasn't out there, too.  I opened the door and like predictable clock-work, one dog runs out and I stand by the door and wait while Jagger searches for his ball.  He rummaged through the house in an absolute panic.  I knew if I just waited by the door he'd find it eventually.  Sure enough.  Out he runs to greet his friends.  He ran around the yard with his ball and they gleefully chased each other.  Jagger thinks he is so important when he has a ball and others don't.  

As I sat and talked with my neighbor, he would stop his running nonsense and drop the ball at my feet for me to kick.  Not wanting to touch a slobbery, gooey mess, I kicked the ball several times.  After about twenty minutes of our usual game, I noticed that there was something a little "off" about his ball.  So I bent down and picked it up.  That silly dog!  In his frantic efforts to find a ball and join his friends, he had grabbed a peach off of the kitchen counter.  My neighbor and I laughed so hard at this we had tears on our cheeks!  All the while I'm holding the dirty, slobbered on peach and laughing, Jagger is anxiously trying to grab it back out of my hands.  He was so proud of his crafty "make-do" ball!

1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

Post away! It's your blog, you can do what you want. Besides, it was a cute dog story.